- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) Without prejudice to its obligation to comply with any other provision of these Regulations, a body to which this paragraph applies shall be under a general duty to secure that facilities for education provided by it and any ancillary benefits and services, are provided without discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation.
(2) Article 101 of the Education and Libraries (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 (power of Department of Education to give directions) shall apply to the performance of a body to which paragraph (1) applies to the duties imposed by regulations 9 and 10 and shall also apply to the performance of the general duty imposed by paragraph (1), as it applies to the performance by an education and library board of a duty imposed by the Education Orders.
(3) The sanctions in paragraph (2) shall be the only sanctions for breach of the general duty in paragraph (1), but without prejudice to the enforcement of regulations 9 and 10 and under regulation 36 or otherwise (where the breach is also a contravention of either of those regulations).
(4) Paragraph (1) applies to —
(a)an education and library board; and
(b)any other body which is a responsible body in relation to an establishment falling within paragraph 1, 4 or 5(b) of the table in regulation 9(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: