- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22. (1) For sub-paragraph (1)(a) substitute—
“(a)the waste consists of plant tissue;”.
(2) At the beginning of sub-paragraph (1)(b) insert “ it is agricultural waste or”.
(3) After sub-paragraph (3), insert—
“(4) The incorporation into soil of ash from cereal straw or cereal stubble burned in reliance of the exemption conferred by sub-paragraph (1) if—
(a)the incorporation is on the land where the ash was produced; and
(b)the ash is not, without reasonable excuse, allowed to remain on the soil for longer than 24 hours after the time of commencement of the burning, but is incorporated into the soil—
(i)within that period; or
(ii)in a case where to do so would be likely, having regard to wind conditions, to cause nuisance, as soon as conditions allow.
(5) For the purposes of this paragraph “plant tissue” includes any linseed residues, oil-seed rape residues, field beans harvested dry residues, peas harvested dry residues, cereal straw or cereal stubble.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: