- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9. (1) This paragraph applies where—
(a)a meeting is held under paragraph 7 or 8; and
(b)the employee reasonably requests to be accompanied at the meeting.
(2) Where this paragraph applies, the employer must permit the employee to be accompanied at the meeting by one companion who—
(a)is chosen by the employee;
(b)is a worker employed by the same employer as the employee;
(c)is to be permitted to address the meeting (but not to answer questions on behalf of the employee); and
(d)is to be permitted to confer with the employee during the meeting.
(a)an employee has a right under this paragraph to be accompanied at a meeting;
(b)his chosen companion will not be available at the time proposed for the meeting by the employer; and
(c)the employee proposes an alternative time which satisfies sub-paragraph (4),
the employer must postpone the meeting to the time proposed by the employee.
(4) An alternative time must—
(a)be convenient for employer, employee and companion; and
(b)fall before the end of the period of seven days beginning with the first day after the day proposed by the employer.
(5) An employer shall permit a worker to take time off during working hours for the purpose of accompanying an employee in accordance with a request under sub-paragraph (1)(b).
(6) Articles 92(3) and (4), 93 and 95 of the 1996 Order (time off for carrying out trade union duties) shall apply in relation to sub-paragraph (5) as they apply in relation to Article 92(1) of that Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: