- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
37. It shall be the duty of the Commission—
(a)to work towards the elimination of discrimination;
(b)to promote equality of opportunity between persons of differing age groups; and
(c)to keep under review the working of these Regulations and, when it is so required by the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister or otherwise thinks it necessary, draw up and submit to the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister proposals for amending these Regulations.
38.—(1) The Commission may undertake or assist (financially or otherwise) the undertaking by other persons of any research, and any educational activities, which appear to the Commission necessary or expedient for the purposes of regulation 37 (general duty of Commission).
(2) The Commission may make charges for educational or other facilities or services made available by it.
39.—(1) The Commission may issue codes of practice containing such practical guidance as the Commission thinks fit for all or any of the following purposes, namely—
(a)the elimination of discrimination or harassment which is unlawful by virtue of these Regulations;
(b)the promotion of equality of opportunity in any field to which these Regulations apply between persons of differing age groups.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), a code of practice issued under this regulation may include such practical guidance as the Commission thinks fit as to what steps it is reasonably practicable for employers to take for the purpose of preventing their employees from doing in the course of their employment acts made unlawful by these Regulations.
(3) When the Commission proposes to issue a code of practice, it shall prepare and publish a draft of that code, shall consider any representations made to it about the draft and may modify the draft accordingly.
(4) In the course of preparing any draft code of practice for eventual publication under paragraph (3), the Commission shall consult with—
(a)such organisations or associations of organisations representative of employers or of workers; or
(b)such other organisations or bodies,
as appear to the Commission to be appropriate.
(5) The Commission may from time to time revise the whole or any part of a code of practice issued under this regulation and issue that revised code, and paragraphs (3) and (4) shall apply (with appropriate modifications) to such a revised code as they apply to the first issue of a code.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: