- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
(1) Section 66 of the Arbitration Act 1996(1) shall apply to arbitrations conducted in accordance with the Scheme, subject to the following modifications.
(2) In subsection (1) for “tribunal pursuant to an arbitration agreement”substitute “arbitrator pursuant to the Scheme”.
(3) In subsection (3) for “(see section 73)”substitute “(see section XXIII of the Scheme)”.
(4) After subsection (4) insert–
“(5) In this section–
“the court” means the High Court or the Belfast Recorder’s Court; and
“the Scheme” means the arbitration scheme set out in the Schedule to the Labour Relations Agency (Flexible Working) Arbitration Scheme Order (Northern Ireland) 2006.”.
Section 66 of the Arbitration Act 1996 provides as follows:
(1) An award made by the tribunal pursuant to an arbitration agreement may, by leave of the court, be enforced in the same manner as a judgment or order of the court to the same effect.
(2) Where leave is so given, judgment may be enforced in terms of the award.
(3) Leave to enforce an award shall not be given where, or to the extent that, the person against whom it is sought to be enforced shows that the tribunal lacked substantive jurisdiction to make the award.
The right to raise such an objection may have been lost (see section 73).
(4) Nothing in this section affects the recognition or enforcement of an award under any other enactment or rule of law, in particular under Part II of the Arbitration Act 1950 (enforcement of awards under Geneva Convention) or the provisions of Part III of this Act relating to the recognition and enforcement of awards under the New York Convention or by an action on the award.”
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: