- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
16.—(1) Subject to the requirements of this regulation, and without prejudice to articles 81, 82 and 86 of the Treaty, an infrastructure manager may enter into a framework agreement with an applicant for the purposes of specifying the characteristics of the infrastructure capacity required by and offered to the applicant over a period of time exceeding one working time period.
(2) An applicant who is party to a framework agreement may apply for the allocation of capacity in accordance with the terms of that agreement.
(3) Whilst seeking to meet the legitimate commercial needs of the applicant, a framework agreement must not specify any train path in detail.
(4) The effect of a framework agreement must not be such as to preclude the use of the railway infrastructure subject to that framework agreement by other applicants or services.
(5) A framework agreement must contain terms permitting the amendment or limitation of any condition contained in that framework agreement if such amendment or limitation would enable more efficient use to be made of the railway infrastructure.
(6) A framework agreement may contain penalties applicable on modification or termination of the agreement by any party.
(7) Other than in circumstances described in paragraphs (8) and (9), a framework agreement made in accordance with paragraph (1) shall in principle be for a period of five years.
(8) A framework agreement for a period of between five and ten years must be justified by the existence of commercial contracts, specialised investments or risks.
(9) A framework agreement for a period in excess of ten years may be made in exceptional cases, which may be justified by the existence of large-scale and long-term investment and in particular where such investment is covered by contractual commitments.
(10) Whilst respecting commercial confidentiality, the general nature of each framework agreement must be made available by the infrastructure manager to any interested party.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: