- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6.—(1) Subject to paragraph (4), a person who keeps poultry on any premises shall give notice to the Department containing particulars of—
(a)the name and address of the owner of the poultry and the person with day to day management of the premises where they are kept (if different);
(b)the address of the premises and—
(i)where cattle are kept on the premises, any unique identification code allocated under regulation 3(1)(b) of the Cattle Identification (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998(1);
(ii)where pigs are kept on the premises, any holding number allocated under Article 3(3) of the Aujeszky’s Disease Scheme Order (Northern Ireland) 1994(2);
(iii)where sheep are kept on the premises, any holding number allocated under Article 3(3) of the Identification and Movement of Sheep and Goats Order (Northern Ireland) 2004(3).
(c)the contact telephone number for the owner/site; and
(d)the species, number and type of poultry and the nature of any production relating to them at the premises.
(2) The Department may by notice require any person giving notice under paragraph (1) or having been deemed to have given notice under paragraph (4) to give such other information as it requires for the purpose of carrying out a risk assessment under regulation 4 or 5 or otherwise complying with the Commission Decision.
(3) In the case of premises used for keeping poultry on the date these Regulations come into operation the notice required by paragraph (1) shall be given within 60 days of that date and in any other case shall be given within 30 days of the premises first being used to keep poultry.
(4) A person who immediately before the making of these Regulations—
(a)is registered under paragraph 3(2) or 4(2) of the Schedule to the Poultry Breeding Flocks and Hatcheries Scheme Order (Northern Ireland) 1994(4);
(b)is registered under regulation 3 of the Registration of Establishments (Laying Hens) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003(5);
(c)is a member of the Northern Ireland Poultry Health Assurance Scheme operated by the Department; or
(d)has provided the Department with the particulars specified in paragraph (1)(a) and (b) under any other statutory provision or any provision of European Community legislation,
shall be deemed to have given a notification to the Department for the purpose of paragraph (1).
(5) Where in relation to any premises on which poultry is kept there is a change in—
(a)the identity of the person keeping poultry on the premises; or
(b)any other particulars notified under this regulation,
the keeper of the poultry shall notify the Department within 30 days of such change occuring.
(6) Notwithstanding any other provision of these Regulations, the Department may at any time require a person who gave notice under paragraph (1) or (2) to submit a further notice giving the particulars and information referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2) in such form and within such period as the Department shall determine.
(7) Any person who is required to give information or particulars under this regulation shall keep a copy thereof for such period as the Department may require.
(8) In this regulation “poultry” includes any other captive birds but does not include any bird kept as a pet.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: