- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. Section 1 (guarantee of continued judicial independence).
2. Section 53(6) (aims of youth justice system: meaning of “children”).
3. Section 63(1) (extension of youth justice system to 17 year olds: commencement of Schedule 11) to the extent necessary to bring into force the provisions of Schedule 11 specified in paragraph 8.
4. Section 63(2) (extension of youth justice system to 17 year olds: order making power).
5. Section 64 (juvenile justice centre orders for 17 year olds).
6. Section 85(1) (minor and consequential amendments) to the extent necessary to bring into force the provisions of Schedule 12 specified in paragraph 9.
7. Section 86 (repeals and revocations) to the extent necessary to bring into force the provisions of Schedule 13 specified in paragraph 10.
8. In Schedule 11 (extension of youth justice system to 17 year olds) paragraphs 1, 3, 4 and 6 to 24.
9. In Schedule 12 (minor and consequential amendments)—
(a)paragraph 27(a) insofar as it inserts a definition of “child” into Article 39 of the Legal Aid, Advice and Assistance (Northern Ireland) Order 1981(1);
(b)paragraph 60 insofar as it substitutes new section 4(1)(c) of the Sex Offenders Act 1997(2);
(c)paragraph 69(3) and paragraph 69(1) insofar as it relates to it;
(d)paragraph 72 except sub-paragraph (a); and
(e)paragraph 73(2)(c) and (3), and paragraph 73(1) insofar as it relates to it.
10. In Schedule 13 (repeals and revocations), the entry in respect of Article 54(3)(b) of the Criminal Justice (Children) (Northern Ireland) Order 1998(3).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: