- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2004.
(2) These Regulations shall come into operation on the day after that on which they are made so far as enabling anything to be done for the purposes of preparing and bringing into operation on or after 1st October 2004 a code of practice under section 54A(1) of the Act concerning any provision of the Act as it will have effect on or after that date by virtue of these Regulations.
(3) Except as provided by paragraph (2), these Regulations shall come into operation on 1st October 2004.
(4) In these Regulations –
“the Act” means the Disability Discrimination Act 1995(2); and
“the Order” means the Equality (Disability, etc.) (Northern Ireland) Order 2000(3).
(5) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(4) shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Assembly.
2. (1) Subsection (1B) of section 17A(5) of the Act (as inserted by regulation 9(2)(c)) applies in relation to a complaint presented to an industrial tribunal before the commencement date, as well as one presented on or after that date; but it does not affect any case in which a complaint was determined by an industrial tribunal before the commencement date.
(2) The amendment made to section 56(3) of the Act by regulation 22(c) shall not apply in the case of a question served on a respondent before the commencement date.
(3) In paragraph (2), “question” and “respondent” shall be construed in accordance with section 56 of the Act.
(4) In this regulation, “the commencement date” means 1st October 2004.
3. (1) The amendments to the Act set out in Part II shall have effect.
(2) The amendments set out in Part III (in relation to the Order and other legislation) shall have effect.
Section 54A was inserted by Article 11 of the Equality (Disability, etc.) (Northern Ireland) Order 2000 (S.I. 2000/1110 (N.I. 2)). It is further amended by regulation 20 of these regulations
S.I. 2000/1110 (N.I. 2)
Regulation 9(1) renumbers section 8 of the Act as section 17A
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: