- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) The Commissioners shall consist of up to 12 persons who shall be appointed by the Council.
(2) The Commissioners shall consist of:–
(a)three members of the Council;
(b)two persons representing users of the harbour;
(c)six persons who are not members of the Council; and
(d)the General Manager or other senior officer of the Commissioners for the time being.
(3) (a) A person appointed as Commissioner under sub-paragraph (2) other than a person referred to in sub-paragraphs (2)(a) or (d) shall hold office for a period of 4 years or such lesser period as the Council may determine but shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(b)A person appointed under sub-paragraph (2)(a) shall be eligible to serve as Commissioner for a period coterminous with his membership of the Council and any person so appointed who ceases to be a member of the Council shall thereupon cease to be a Commissioner.
(c)A person referred to in sub-paragraph (2)(d) shall hold office as Commissioner so long as he holds the qualifying office by virtue of which he was appointed.
(4) (a) Subject to sub-paragraph (b) the Council shall designate a Commissioner as Chairman of the Commissioners and may designate another Commissioner as Deputy Chairman.
(b)A person referred to in sub-paragraph (2)(d) shall not hold the office of Chairman or Deputy Chairman of the Commissioners.
(5) The Commissioners shall appoint a person to act as General Manager to the Commissioners.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: