- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) These Regulations shall be enforced and executed by the Department or any district council, or by the Department and any district council acting jointly.
(2) For the purposes of the exercise of the duty referred to in paragraph (1) –
(a)the Department or a district council shall exercise that duty in accordance with Article 4 of the Commission Decision (which is concerned with the levying of charges in respect of expenditure incurred in connection with the application of the Commission Decision);
(b)an authorised officer of the Department or of a district council shall –
(i)comply with Article 3.1 of the Commission Decision (which is concerned with the sampling and analysis of consignments of certain fishery products and of casings), and
(ii)have the same powers of entry as are bestowed on an authorised officer by Article 33 of the Order for purposes connected with the Order or Regulations or orders under the Order, and shall also have, in relation to any business producing material for animal feed use, the same power as an authorised officer has under that Article in relation to a food business.
(3) A person on whom a charge is levied under paragraph (2)(a) shall pay it to the Department or the district council on demand.
(4) Each district council shall give such assistance and information to the Department and the Food Standards Agency as they may reasonably request in connection with the execution and enforcement of these Regulations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: