- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) The operator of an establishment shall—
(a)ensure that persons who are likely to be in an area referred to in paragraph (2) are supplied, without their having to request it, with information on safety measures at the establishment and on the requisite behaviour in the event of a major accident at the establishment;
(b)make that information available to the public.
(2) An area referred to in paragraph (1) is an area notified to the operator by the competent authority as being an area in which, in the opinion of the competent authority, persons are liable to be affected by a major accident occurring at the establishment.
(3) The information referred to in paragraph (1) shall contain at least the information specified in Schedule 6.
(4) In preparing the information required to be supplied in accordance with paragraph (1), the operator shall consult the Executive and such other persons who appear to him to be appropriate, but the operator shall remain responsible for the accuracy, completeness and form of the information so supplied.
(5) Without prejudice to his duty under paragraph (1), the operator shall endeavour to enter into an agreement with the Executive for the Executive to disseminate the information required to be supplied in accordance with that paragraph to the persons mentioned in it.
(6) The operator shall review and where necessary revise the information referred to in paragraph (1)—
(a)at intervals not exceeding 3 years; or
(b)in the event of a modification referred to in regulation 5(4) or 8(4).
(7) The operator shall ensure that the information referred to in paragraph (1) is supplied in accordance with that paragraph within a reasonable period of time after the off-site emergency plan has been prepared for the establishment and that the information is so supplied again—
(a)at intervals not exceeding 5 years; or
(b)if it is revised pursuant to paragraph (6).
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: