- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
5.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), a radiation employer shall not, except in accordance with a prior authorisation granted by the Executive in writing for the purposes of this paragraph, carry out the following practices—
(a)the use of electrical equipment intended to produce X-rays for the purpose of—
(ii)the processing of products;
(iv)the exposure of persons for medical treatment; or
(v)the use of accelerators, except electron microscopes.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply in respect of any practice of a type which is for the time being authorised by the Executive where such practice is or is to be carried out in accordance with such conditions as may from time to time be approved by the Executive in respect of that type of practice.
(3) An authorisation granted under paragraph (1) may be granted subject to conditions and with or without limit of time and may be revoked in writing at any time.
(4) Where an authorisation has been granted pursuant to paragraph (1) and the radiation employer to whom the authorisation was granted subsequently makes a material change to the circumstances relating to that authorisation, that change shall forthwith be notified to the Executive by the radiation employer.
(5) A radiation employer to whom this regulation applies and who is aggrieved by—
(a)a decision of the Executive—
(i)refusing to grant an authorisation under paragraph (1);
(ii)imposing a limit of time upon an authorisation granted under paragraph (1); or
(iii)revoking an authorisation under paragraph (3); or
(b)by the terms of any condition attached to the authorisation by the Executive under paragraph (3),
may appeal to the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
(6) Chapter I of the Schedule to the Deregulation (Model Appeal Provisions) Order (Northern Ireland) 1997(1) shall apply to any appeal made under paragraph (5).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: