3. (1) Subject to the provisions of this regulation and to regulation 6(1), these Regulations shall apply to—
(b)any work (other than a practice) carried out in an atmosphere containing radon 222 gas at a concentration in air, averaged over any 24 hour period, exceeding 400 Bq m−3 except where the concentration of the short-lived daughters of radon 222 in air averaged over any 8 hour working period does not exceed 6.24 x 10−7Jm−3; and
(c)any work (other than work referred to in sub-paragraphs (a) and (b)) with any radioactive substance containing naturally occurring radionuclides.
(2) The following regulations shall not apply where the only work being undertaken is that referred to in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph (1), namely regulations 23, 27 to 30, 32 and 33.
(3) The following regulations shall not apply in relation to persons undergoing medical exposures, namely regulations 7, 8, 11, 16 to 18, 23, 25, 31(1) and 34(1).
(4) Regulation 11 shall not apply in relation to any comforter and carer.
(5) In the case of an outside worker (working in a controlled area situated in Northern Ireland) employed by an employer established in Great Britain or in another member State, it shall be sufficient compliance with regulation 21 (dose assessment and recording) and regulation 24 (medical surveillance) if the employer complies with—
(a)where the employer is established in Great Britain, regulations 21 and 24 of the Great Britain Regulations; or
(b)where the employer is established in another member State, the legislation in that State implementing Chapters II and III of Title VI of the Directive where such legislation exists.