- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20. (1) The tribunal shall review the facts of the case and decide whether or not the conduct of the senior officer concerned met the appropriate standard.
(2) The tribunal shall not find that the conduct of the senior officer concerned failed to meet the appropriate standard unless the conduct is—
(a)admitted by the senior officer concerned; or
(b)proved, by the person presenting the case on the balance of probabilities, to have failed to meet that standard.
(3) The tribunal shall, as soon as possible after the hearing, submit a report to the Police Authority or in the case of a complaint, to the Police Authority with a copy sent to the Ombudsman setting out—
(a)the finding of the tribunal under paragraph (1);
(b)if that finding was that the conduct of the senior officer concerned failed to meet the appropriate standard, a recommendation as to any sanction which, subject to regulation 21, in its opinion should be imposed; and
(c)any other matter arising out of the hearing which it desires to bring to the notice of the Police Authority and or the Ombudsman as the case may be.
(4) The tribunal shall send the senior officer concerned a copy of the report.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: