- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
HEALTH AND PERSONAL SOCIAL SERVICES
3rd November 1999
Coming into operation
6th December 1999
The Department of Health and Social Services, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by Articles 15F(1) and (2), 95 and 106(b) of the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972(1), and of all other powers enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Health Services (Choice of Dental Practitioner) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1999 and shall come into operation on 6th December 1999.
(2) In these Regulations, “the principal Regulations” means the Health Services (Choice of Dental Practitioner) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998(2).
2. In regulation 1 of the principal Regulations (citation, commencement and interpretation) in paragraph (2) there shall be inserted in the appropriate place the following definitions—
““the Agency” has the meaning assigned to it in regulation 2 of the GDS Regulations;
“dental payment claim form” has the meaning assigned to it in regulation 2 of the GDS Regulations;
“estimate” has the meaning assigned to it in regulation 2 of the GDS Regulations;
“medical card” has the meaning assigned to it in regulation 2 of the GDS Regulations;
“practice record form” has the meaning assigned to it in regulation 2 of the GDS Regulations.”.
3. In regulation 2 of the principal Regulations (Procedure for choosing a dentist) in paragraph (1) after the words “that dentist.” there shall be inserted—
“The person shall produce to the dentist his medical card and shall complete so far as is applicable that part of the dental payment claim form or practice record form or estimate together with such declaration as may be required by the Agency relating to eligibility for primary dental services.”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Health and Social Services on 3rd November 1999.
(This note is not part of the Regulations.)
These Regulations amend the provisions of the Health Services (Choice of Dental Practitioner) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998 relating to the right of any person to choose a dentist from whom he is to receive primary dental services.
Regulation 2 specifies the definition of the Agency, dental payment claim form, estimate, medical card and practice record form.
Regulation 3 introduces a requirement that a person applying to a dentist for primary dental services shall produce his medical card and complete other forms and declarations as may be required by the Agency.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: