- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The name and address of the employer for whom the thorough examination was made.
2. The address of the premises at which the thorough examination was made.
3. Particulars sufficient to identify the lifting equipment including where known its date of manufacture.
4. The date of the last thorough examination.
5. The safe working load of the lifting equipment or (where its safe working load depends on the configuration of the lifting equipment) its safe working load for the last configuration in which it was thoroughly examined.
6. In relation to the first thorough examination of lifting equipment after installation or after assembly at a new site or in a new location—
(a)that it is such thorough examination;
(b)(if such be the case) that it has been installed correctly and would be safe to operate.
7. In relation to a thorough examination of lifting equipment other than a thorough examination to which paragraph 6 relates—
(a)whether it is a thorough examination—
(i)within an interval of 6 months under regulation 9(3)(a)(i);
(ii)within an interval of 12 months under regulation 9(3)(a)(ii);
(iii)in accordance with an examination scheme under regulation 9(3)(a)(iii);
(iv)after the occurrence of exceptional circumstances under regulation 9(3)(a)(iv);
(b)(if such be the case) that the lifting equipment would be safe to operate.
8. In relation to every thorough examination of lifting equipment—
(a)identification of any part found to have a defect which is or could become a danger to persons, and a description of the defect;
(b)particulars of any repair, renewal or alteration required to remedy a defect found to be a danger to persons;
(c)in the case of a defect which is not yet but could become a danger to persons—
(i)the time by which it could become such danger;
(ii)particulars of any repair, renewal or alteration required to remedy it;
(d)the latest date by which the next thorough examination must be carried out;
(e)where the thorough examination included testing, particulars of any test;
(f)the date of the thorough examination.
9. The name, address and qualifications of the person making the report; that he is self-employed or, if employed, the name and address of his employer.
10. The name and address of a person signing or authenticating the report on behalf of its author.
11. The date of the report.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: