- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Housing Benefit (General) (Amendment No. 4) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), these Regulations shall come into operation on 25th January 1999.
(3) Where a claimant is in receipt of an award of housing benefit on 25th January 1999, these Regulations shall come into operation in respect of that individual on the day after the last day of the benefit period in respect of which that award is made.
(4) In these Regulations–
“the principal Regulations” means the Housing Benefit (General) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1987(1);
“benefit period” has the meaning given to it in regulation 66 of the principal Regulations.
(5) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(2) shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: