- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) Subject to the provisions of this regulation and regulation 3, any person who wishes to receive primary dental services may choose the dentist from whom he is to receive those services (being a dentist who provides general dental services or who performs personal dental services under a pilot scheme) and make an application to that dentist.
(2) A dentist may decline an application which is made under paragraph (1).
(3) A dentist who provides general dental services may not–
(a)provide care and treatment under a continuing care arrangement for a person under the age of 18, although such a person may apply to a dentist for treatment under such an arrangement with that dentist, to commence from the date on which he attains the age of 18,–
(i)at any time during the month before he attains the age of 18 provided that he is not immediately before that date receiving care and treatment under a capitation arrangement with that dentist, or
(ii)where he is receiving care and treatment under a capitation arrangement with a dentist, at any time after he attains the age of 17;
(b)provide care and treatment under a capitation arrangement for a person who has attained the age of 18;
(c)enter into a capitation arrangement with a person during the month before he attains the age of 18.
(4) An application which is made under paragraph (1) shall be made–
(a)in person by the person wishing to receive primary dental services, or on his behalf in any of the circumstance set out in regulation 3; and
(b)at the dentist’s practice premises, unless the person making the application is unable to attend those premises owing to illness or any other reasonable cause.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: