- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) The Company may give directions for the purposes of promoting or securing conditions conducive to the ease, convenience or safety of navigation in the port and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, for any of the following purposes—
(a)for designating areas, routes and channels within the port which vessels are to use or refrain from using for movement or mooring;
(b)for securing that vessels move only at certain times or during certain periods; or
(c)requiring the master of a vessel to give to the harbour master information relating to the vessel reasonably required by the harbour master in order to effect the objects of this paragraph.
(2) A general direction may apply—
(a)to all vessels or to a class of vessel designated, or the designation of which is provided for, in the direction;
(b)to the whole of the port or to a part designated, or the designation of which is provided for, in the direction; or
(c)at all times or at times designated, or the designation of which is provided for, in the direction,
and every general direction shall specify the extent of its application in relation to the matters referred to in sub-paragraphs (a), (b) or (c).
(3) The Company may revoke or amend a general direction.
(4) Notice of a general direction shall as soon as practicable after it is given, be published by the Company once in Lloyd’s List or some other newspaper specialising in shipping news and shall state a place at which copies of the direction may be inspected.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: