SCHEDULE 1Major Injuries
1. Any fracture, other than to the fingers, thumbs or toes.
2. Any amputation.
3. Dislocation of the shoulder, hip, knee or spine.
4. Loss of sight (whether temporary or permanent).
5. A chemical or hot metal burn to the eye or any penetrating injury to the eye.
6. Any injury resulting from an electric shock or electrical burn (including any electrical burn caused by arcing or arcing products) leading to unconsciousness or requiring resuscitation or admittance to hospital for more than 24 hours.
7. Any other injury—
(a)leading to hypothermia, heat-induced illness or to unconsciousness;
(b)requiring resuscitation; or
(c)requiring admittance to hospital for more than 24 hours.
8. Loss of consciousness caused by asphyxia or by exposure to a harmful substance or biological agent.
9. Either of the following conditions which result from the absorption of any substance by inhalation, ingestion or through the skin—
(a)acute illness requiring medical treatment; or
(b)loss of consciousness.
10. Acute illness which requires medical treatment where there is reason to believe that this resulted from exposure to a biological agent or its toxins or infected material.