- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6.—(1) A person assessed to the levy may appeal to an industrial tribunal against the assessment within one month from the date of the service of the assessment notice or within any further period of time that may be allowed by the Board or an industrial tribunal under the following provisions of the Article.
(2) The Board for good cause may, by notice, extend the time within which an appeal may be made by such further period as the Board may allow in any case where an application for such extension is made within a period of four months from the date of the service of the relevant notice of assessment or, where an extension has already been granted, before the period of such extension has expired.
(3) If the Board shall not allow an application for extension of time for appealing, an industrial tribunal shall, upon application to the tribunal by the person assessed to the levy within the period of fourteen days from the date of receipt of the decision of the Board refusing such an application, have the like powers as the Board under paragraph (2).
(4) In the case of an establishment that ceases to carry on business in the thirty-third levy period on any day after the date of the service of the relevant assessment notice the foregoing provisions of this Article shall have effect as if for the period of four months from the date of this service of the assessment notice mentioned in paragraph (2) there were substituted the period of six months from the date of the cessation of business.
(5) An application to an industrial tribunal under this Article shall be made in accordance with the Industrial Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: