- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) Subject as hereinafter in this Schedule provided, the amount of a subsistence, refreshment or lodging allowance payable under regulation 22 shall be in accordance with such scale as shall be determined by the Secretary of State.
(2) The scales of refreshment allowances shall provide for the allowance payable in respect of one meal and that payable in respect of two meals.
(3) The scales of subsistence allowances shall provide for the allowance payable in respect of a period of retention or engagement on duty of—
(a)over 5 hours but not exceeding 8 hours;
(b)over 8 hours but not exceeding 12 hours;
(c)over 12 hours but not exceeding 24 hours;
(d)over 24 hours.
2. If a lodging allowance is payable as well as a subsistence allowance in respect of a period of retention or engagement on duty of 16 hours or less, the subsistence allowance shall be of the amount appropriate to a retention or engagement for a period exceeding 8 hours and not exceeding 12 hours.
3. If the chief constable is satisfied in any particular case that the amount of the allowances calculated in accordance with paragraphs 1 and 2 is not sufficient to cover the actual expenses necessarily incurred, he may authorise payment of the difference.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.