- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
6.—(1) The Departments shall, for the purpose of achieving the Objectives, by Regulations under section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972, make provision establishing action programmes in respect of nitrate vulnerable zones.
(2) An action programme may relate to more than one nitrate vulnerable zone, and different action programmes may be established in respect of different nitrate vulnerable zones or parts of zones.
(3) An action programme in respect of a nitrate vulnerable zone shall be established—
(a)in the case of a nitrate vulnerable zone designated in accordance with regulation 3(1) as soon as practicable after designation and in any event not later than 19th December 1997; and
(b)in the case of a nitrate vulnerable zone designated in accordance with regulation 3(2), not later than 1 year after the designation of that zone.
(4) An action programme shall be implemented—
(a)in a case falling within paragraph 3(a) by 19th December 1999;
(b)in any other case, within 4 years of its establishment.
(5) The Department shall draw up and implement suitable monitoring programmes to assess the effectiveness of action programmes.
(6) The Departments shall, at least every 4 years, review and if necessary revise the action programmes, including any additional measures taken pursuant to regulation 7(2).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.