- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) The Statutory Maternity Pay (Persons Abroad and Mariners) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1987(1) shall be amended in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (6).
(2) In regulation 1(2) (interpretation)—
(a)before the definition of “the Order” there shall be inserted the following definition—
““the Contributions and Benefits Act” means the Social Security Contributions and Benefits (Northern Ireland) Act 1992;”;
(b)after the definition of “Part VI” there shall be inserted the following definition—
““the Contributions Regulations” means the Social Security (Contributions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1979;”.
(3) After regulation 2 (persons in other member States — meaning of “employee”) there shall be inserted the following regulation—
2A. Subject to regulations 2, 3 and 7(3), where a woman, while absent from Northern Ireland for any purpose, is gainfully employed by an employer who is liable to pay in respect of her secondary Class 1 contributions under section 6 of the Contributions and Benefits Act or regulation 112 of the Contributions Regulations, she shall be treated as an employee for the purposes of Part XII of that Act.”.
(4) Regulation 4 is hereby revoked.
(5) In regulation 5 (women who worked in the European Community)—
(a)in paragraph (1)(b) for “2 years” there shall be substituted “26 weeks”;
(b)paragraph (2) is hereby revoked.
(6) Regulation 8 is hereby revoked.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: