- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
46. (1) The following provisions apply where a decision, or a consent, permission or other authorisation, falls to be reviewed under regulation 45.
(2) Subject as follows, the provisions in regulations 43(5) and (6) and regulation 44 shall apply, with the appropriate modifications, in relation to the decision on the review.
(3) The decision, or the consent, permission or other authorisation, may be affirmed if it appears to the authority reviewing it that other action taken or to be taken by it, or by another authority, will secure that the plan or project does not adversely affect the integrity of the site.
Where that object may be attained in a number of ways, the authority or authorities concerned shall seek to secure that the action taken is the least onerous to those affected.
(4) The Department may issue guidance to authorities for the purposes of paragraph (3) as to the manner of determining which of different ways should be adopted for securing that the plan or project does not have any such effect, and in particular—
(a)the order of application of different controls, and
(b)the extent to which account should be taken of the possible exercise of other powers;
and the authorities concerned shall have regard to any guidance so issued in discharging their functions under that paragraph.
(5) Any modification or revocation effected in pursuance of this regulation shall be carried out under existing statutory procedures where such procedures exist, and if none exist the Department may give directions as to the procedure to be followed.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: