- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22.—(1) Where a person is convicted of an offence under regulation 16, the court by which that person is convicted may, in addition to dealing with him in any other way, make an order requiring him to carry out, within such a period as may be specified in the order, such operations for the purpose of restoring the land to its former condition as may be so specified.
(2) The period specified in an order made under paragraph (1) shall not begin to run—
(a)in any case until the expiration of the period for the time being prescribed by law for the giving of notice of appeal against a decision of a court of summary jurisdiction;
(b)where notice of appeal is given within the period so prescribed, until determination of the appeal.
(3) At any time before an order under paragraph (1) is complied with or fully complied with, the court by which it was made may, on the application of the person against whom it was made, discharge or vary the order if it appears to the court that a change in the circumstances has made compliance or full compliance with the order impracticable or unnecessary.
(4) If, within the period specified in an order under paragraph (1), the person against whom it was made fails, without reasonable excuse, to comply with it, he shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction—
(a)to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale; and
(b)in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding £100 for each day during which the offence continues after conviction.
(5) If, within the period specified in an order under paragraph (1), any operations specified in the order have not been carried out, a person authorised in writing by the Department may enter the land and carry out those operations and recover from the person against whom the order was made any expenses reasonably incurred by the Department in doing so.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: