- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13. (1) The Department may enter into an agreement (a “management agreement”) with any person having an estate in any land forming part of a European site, or land adjacent to such a site, for the management, conservation, restoration or protection of the site, or any part of it.
(2) A management agreement may impose such restrictions as may be expedient on the exercise of rights over the land by persons who can be bound by the agreement.
(3) A management agreement—
(a)may provide for the management of the land in such manner, the carrying out thereon of such work and the doing thereon of such other things as may be expedient for the purposes of the agreement;
(b)may provide for any of the matters mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) being carried out, or for the cost thereof being defrayed, either by the said owner or other persons, or by the Department, or partly in one way and partly in another;
(c)may contain such other provisions as to the making of payments by the Department, and, in particular, for the payment by it of compensation for the effect of the restrictions mentioned in paragraph (2), as may be specified in the agreement.
(4) Where a person having an estate in any land, by such a management agreement grants or agrees to grant any right as respects the land, the grant or agreement shall be binding upon any person deriving title or otherwise claiming under the grantor to the same extent as it is binding upon the grantor notwithstanding that it would not have been binding upon that person apart from this paragraph.
(5) A management agreement may be made irrevocably or subject to such provisions for revocation or variation as may be specified in the agreement.
(6) The Department may waive (either permanently or temporarily) any condition imposed by a management agreement which is inconsistent with any provision of a development order under the 1991 Order.
(7) A management agreement shall be included among the matters which are required to be registered in the Statutory Charges Register.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: