- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order may be cited as the Industrial Relations (1993 Order) (Commencement No. 1) Order (Northern Ireland) 1993.
2. The provisions of the Order of 1993, except those specified in the Schedule, shall come into operation on 7th February 1994.
3.—(1) The amendments to the No. 1 Order made by Articles 6(2) to (4), 7, 8 and 18(2) of and Parts II to IV of Schedule 3 and Schedule 6 to the Order of 1993 (to the extent that they were brought into operation by this Order) shall apply to a dismissal where the effective date of termination (as defined in the No. 1 Order) in relation to that dismissal falls on or after 7th February 1994.
(2) The amendments to the No. 2 Order made by Article 6(1) of and Part I of Schedule 3 to the Order of 1993 shall apply to any detriment to which an employee was subjected on or after 7th February 1994.
(3) The amendments to the No. 1 Order made by Article 12 of the Order of 1993 (redundancy consultation procedures) shall not have effect in relation to any dismissal which takes effect before 8th May 1994.
(4) The amendment to the No. 1 Order made by Article 14 of the Order of 1993 (constitution of industrial tribunals) shall apply only in relation to cases in which the date of the hearing of the originating application is first fixed on or after 7th February 1994.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Economic Development on
9th December 1993.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.