- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
13.—(1) This Regulation has effect (subject to Regulation 16(2)) where the directors have prepared revised accounts under Article 253 and the company has, prior to the date of revision, delivered to the registrar accounts which take advantage of the exemptions for a small or medium-sized company conferred by Article 254 (referred to in these Regulations as “abbreviated accounts”).
(2) Where the abbreviated accounts so delivered to the registrar would, if they had been prepared by reference to the revised accounts, not comply with the provisions of the Order (whether because the company would not have qualified as a small or (as the case may be) medium-sized company in the light of the revised accounts or because the accounts have been revised in a manner which affects the content of the abbreviated accounts), the directors of the company shall cause the company either:
(a)to deliver to the registrar a copy of the revised accounts, together with a copy of the directors' report and the auditors' report on the revised accounts; or
(b)(if on the basis of the revised accounts they would be entitled under the Order to do so) to prepare further accounts under Article 254 in accordance with the provisions of that Article and Schedule 8 to the Order and deliver them to the registrar together with a statement as to the effect of the revisions made.
(3) Where the abbreviated accounts would, if they had been prepared by reference to the revised accounts, comply with the requirements of the Order, the directors of the company shall cause the company to deliver to the registrar:
(a)a note stating that the annual accounts of the company for the relevant financial year (specifying it) have been revised in a respect which has no bearing on the abbreviated accounts delivered for that year; together with
(b)a copy of the auditors' report on the revised accounts.
(4) Revised abbreviated accounts or a note under this Regulation shall be delivered to the registrar within 28 days after the date of revision of the revised accounts.
(5) Article 250(2) to (5) shall apply with respect to a failure to comply with the requirements of this Regulation as they apply with respect to a failure to comply with the requirements of Article 250(1) but as if:
(a)the references in Article 250(2) and (4) to “the period allowed for laying and delivering accounts and reports” was a reference to the period of 28 days referred to in paragraph (4) and the reference in Article 250(2) to “that period” shall be construed accordingly, and
(b)the references in Article 250(5) to “the documents in question” and “this Part” were, respectively, a reference to the documents referred to in paragraphs (2)(a) or (b) or (as the case may be) (3)(a) and (b) and to the provisions of Part VIII of the Order as applied by these Regulations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.