- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
9. After section 14A of the 1952 Act, as inserted by Article 8 of this Order, there shall be inserted—
14B.—(1) Where the Commission owns or manages the fishing rights in any waters—
(a)the Commission may issue permits, or make arrangements for their issue through agents, authorising the holder of such a permit to use a rod and line in the waters to which the permit relates; and
(b)may, subject to subsection (2), charge for the issue of such permits such sums as may be prescribed.
(2) The Commission may under subsection (1)(a) issue complimentary permits to such persons as may be prescribed in such circumstances as may be prescribed and nothing in this Act shall require such persons to make any payment in respect of such a permit.
(3) A permit issued under subsection (1)(a) shall be granted for such period, and subject to such conditions, as may be specified in the permit.
(4) Where a permit is issued under subsection (1)(a) in relation to any waters, any person who—
(a)without obtaining such a permit, uses a rod and line in those waters;
(b)contravenes any condition to which a permit is subject;
(c)uses or, with intent to deceive, presents a permit for any time, date, period, place or purpose other than that for which that permit is valid;
(d)uses or presents, as being a permit of which he is the holder, a permit issued in the name of any other person; or
(e)uses or presents a permit that has been to his knowledge either in any manner altered (otherwise than by a person duly authorised by the Commission) or fraudulently counterfeited,
shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: