- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
26. In the 1995 Order after Article 55 there is inserted—
55A. The Department may cause an inquiry to be held in relation to the exercise of any of its functions under this Order.”.
27. In the 1995 Order after Article 56 there is inserted—
56A. (1) Any function of the Department under this Order (other than a power or duty to make regulations or an order) may be exercised by, or by employees of, any person authorised to do so by the Department.
(2) Articles 13 to 15 of the Deregulation and Contracting Out (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 (NI 11) apply where a person is authorised to exercise any function of the Department by virtue of this Article as they apply where a person is authorised to exercise any function of a Northern Ireland department by virtue of Part III of that Order.”.
28. (1) Article 59 of the 1995 Order (regulations) is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1) for “34(8) and 38(5)” there is substituted “12A(8), 33D(5), 34(8), 34A(10), 38(5) and 38A(9)”.
(3) After that paragraph there is inserted—
“(1A) Regulations under this Order may include incidental, supplemental, consequential or transitional provision or savings.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: