- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
53.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Article, this Order and any regulations or orders made under it bind the Crown to the full extent authorised or permitted by the constitutional laws of Northern Ireland.
(2) No contravention by the Crown of any provision of this Order or of any regulations or order made under it makes the Crown criminally liable.
(3) Despite paragraph (2), this Order and any regulations or orders made under it apply to persons in Crown employment (within the meaning of the Employment Rights (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 (NI 16)) as they apply to other persons.
(4) Paragraph (2) of Article 10 does not apply in relation to any activity carried out by the Crown.
(5) Each government department and other body performing functions on behalf of the Crown—
(a)if the department or body engages in regulated activity, is the regulated activity provider in relation to the activity;
(b)if the department or body engages in controlled activity, is the responsible person (within the meaning of Article 27) in relation to the activity.
(6) In paragraph (5) “body” includes office-holder.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: