- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
18. (1) The Secretary of State may by regulations provide that a person commits an offence if—
(a)he engages in activity that is regulated activity by virtue of paragraph 1(7) or 7(9) of Schedule 2, and
(b)he is not subject to monitoring in relation to the activity.
(2) The Secretary of State may by regulations provide that a prescribed person (P) commits an offence if he fails in the prescribed period to make a check in accordance with Article 19 in relation to another person (B) appointed to a position mentioned in paragraph 4(1) or 8(1) of Schedule 2.
(3) Regulations under paragraph (1) or (2) may provide for defences to the offence.
(4) An offence created by regulations under this Article is punishable on summary conviction with a maximum fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: