- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
17. (1) The appropriate officer (P) commits an offence if he fails in the prescribed period to make a check in accordance with Article 19 relating to any person (B) who is appointed to the governing body of an educational establishment mentioned in Article 12(5).
(2) A person guilty of an offence under paragraph (1) is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
(3) A person does not commit an offence under paragraph (1) if, in relation to any continuous period for which B is a member of the governing body of the establishment—
(a)the appointment first took effect before the commencement of this Article, and
(b)it continues to have effect after such commencement.
(4) Paragraph (3) does not apply in respect of an appointment which continues to have effect after such date as the Secretary of State specifies by order.
(5) An appropriate officer is such person as is prescribed.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: