- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
3. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), this Part applies to the following hereditaments—
(b)any hereditament which, though not a dwelling-house, is used partly for the purposes of a private dwelling;
(c)any private garage;
(d)any private storage premises.
(2) If the Commissioner or the district valuer considers that a hereditament which is not in use will when next in use fall within any sub-paragraph of paragraph (1), the hereditament shall be deemed for the purposes of this Part to be in use and to fall within that sub-paragraph.
(3) Schedule 1 (which makes further provision for the purposes of this Part) shall have effect.
4. Schedule 2 (which makes provision for determining the capital value of a hereditament for the purposes of this Part) shall have effect.
5. (1) The Commissioner may publish the capital value of any hereditament to which this Part applies.
(2) In the case of a hereditament which falls within Article 3(1)(b), the Commissioner may publish only its domestic capital value.
(3) In paragraph (2) “domestic capital value” means that portion of the capital value which can reasonably be regarded as attributable to the use of the hereditament for the purposes of a private dwelling.
(4) The Commissioner may publish such particulars in addition to the capital value or domestic capital value of the hereditament as the Department may determine.
6. The Commissioner may publish a list of the total of—
(a)the capital values published under Article 5(1); and
(b)the domestic capital values published under Article 5(2),
in respect of each district in which the hereditaments are situated.
7. The Commissioner may revise—
(a)any value or particulars published under Article 5;
(b)any list published under Article 6,
and may publish the revised value, particulars or list.
8. The manner and form of publication under this Part shall be determined by the Department.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: