- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
22. (1) Section 54A (codes of practice) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1) (persons to whom codes may be issued), after paragraph (b) insert—
“(ba)public authorities within the meaning given by section 21B;
(bb)associations to which section 21F applies;”.
(3) After subsection (1B) insert—
“(1C) The Commission may prepare and issue codes of practice giving practical guidance to persons subject to duties under section 49A on how to perform those duties.”.
(4) In subsection (8) (account to be taken of code of practice in proceedings under Part II or III) for “or Part III” substitute “, III or VA , or any proceedings relating to a relevant improvement, ”.
(5) In subsection (9) after the definition of “the Office” insert—
““relevant improvement” means an improvement (within the meaning of section 49C(9)) to premises which, having regard to the disability which a disabled person who lawfully occupies or is intended lawfully the premises has, is likely to facilitate his enjoyment of the premises.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: