- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
8.—(1) The [F1Commission] shall, at such time, in such form and in respect of such period as the First Minister and deputy First Minister acting jointly may direct, prepare and submit to the First Minister and deputy First Minister a programme of [F2its] proposed activities in exercise of [F2its] functions (referred to in this Article as “a work programme”).
(2) A work programme submitted to the First Minister and deputy First Minister under this Article shall include—
(a)in respect of each activity mentioned in the programme, an estimate of the [F3Commission's] expenditure and receipts;
(b)such other matters as the First Minister and deputy First Minister acting jointly may direct.
(4) The First Minister and deputy First Minister acting jointly may request the [F6Commission] to furnish such information in connection with any work programme submitted to them as they may require, including information as to the results of any consultations under paragraph (3).
(5) The First Minster and deputy First Minister acting jointly may, after making such modifications, if any, in the work programme as, after consultation with the [F7Commission], they consider necessary, approve any work programme submitted under this Article.
(6) The [F8Commission] may at any time, and shall if the First Minister and deputy First Minister acting jointly so direct, prepare and submit to the First Minister and deputy First Minister a revised work programme or an amendment to an existing work programme and paragraphs (2) to (5) shall apply in relation to any such revised work programme or amendment as they apply in relation to the original work programme.
(7) It shall be the duty of the [F9Commission]—
(a)to carry out the activities in the work programme approved under this Article in accordance with that programme;
(b)not to carry out any activities or incur any expenditure in any period except in accordance with the work programme approved under this Article in respect of that period.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: