- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
10. (1) The Department shall refer to an appeal tribunal an appeal against—
(a)a certificate, or
(b)a waiver decision.
(2) In determining an appeal against a certificate, the tribunal shall take into account any decision of a court relating to the same, or any similar, issue arising in connection with the injury in question.
(3) On an appeal against a certificate, the tribunal may—
(a)confirm the amount specified in the certificate,
(b)specify any variations which are to be made on the issue of a fresh certificate under paragraph (4), or
(c)declare that the certificate is to be revoked.
(4) When the Department has received the decision of the tribunal on an appeal against a certificate, the Department shall in accordance with that decision—
(a)confirm the certificate,
(b)issue a fresh certificate, or
(c)revoke the certificate.
(5) On an appeal against a waiver decision, the tribunal may—
(a)confirm the decision, or
(b)waive the requirement in question.
(6) Regulations under Article 9 may (among other things) provide for the non-disclosure of medical advice or medical evidence given or submitted following a reference under paragraph (1).
(7) Regulations may apply any provision contained in the 1998 Order in relation to appeals under this Article to an appeal tribunal, but subject to such modifications as may be prescribed by the regulations.
(8) In this Article and Article 11 “appeal tribunal” means an appeal tribunal constituted under Chapter 1 of Part II of the 1998 Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: