- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Education (Northern Ireland) Order 2006.
(2) Except as provided by the following provisions of this Article, this Order comes into operation on 1st August 2006.
(3) The following provisions come into operation on the expiration of one week from the date on which this Order is made—
(b)Part II (except Articles 18 to 22) in so far as it authorises the making of regulations or orders;
(4) The following provisions come into operation on such day or days as the Department may by order appoint—
(a)Articles 18 to 22;
(b)Articles 31 to 35 and 37;
(c)Part II of Schedule 2 and Article 44(1) so far as relating to that Part;
(d)Part III of Schedule 3 and Article 44(2) so far as relating to that Part.
(5) Articles 27, 28(1), 29 and 30 (and Part II of Schedule 3 and Article 44(2) so far as relating to that Part) come into operation on 1st October 2006, but do not apply in relation to any admission to a school taking effect, or proposed admission to a school which would take effect, at any time before 31st July 2010.
(6) Article 28(2) comes into operation—
(a)if the Secretary of State gives the notification mentioned in section 2(1) of the Northern Ireland Act 2006 (c. 17) before 25th November 2006, on such date as the Department may by order appoint;
(b)if the Secretary of State does not give that notification before 25th November 2006, on that date;
but (in either case) does not apply in relation to any admission to a school taking effect, or proposed admission to a school which would take effect, at any time before 31st July 2010.
(7) No order may be made under paragraph (6)(a) unless a draft of the order has been laid before and approved by resolution of the Assembly.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: