- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
55. (1) The rent officer shall, if directed to do so by the Department, conduct a review of registered rents, with a view to determining whether those rents should be increased.
(2) A direction under paragraph (1) may require the rent officer to review the registered rent for all controlled tenancies or for controlled tenancies of such class or description as may be specified in the direction.
(3) When conducting a review the rent officer shall–
(a)take into account the general level of rents for dwelling-houses let by the Executive,
(b)the cost of repairs, and
(c)any other matter appearing to him to be relevant.
(4) Where the rent officer determines under paragraph (1) that any registered rents should be increased, he shall make a recommendation to that effect to the Department.
(5) Where the Department accepts a recommendation under paragraph (4), it shall make an order providing for the increase of those rents–
(a)by an amount recommended by the rent officer, or
(b)by such other amount as the Department, after consultation with the rent officer, considers appropriate.
(6) The amount of an increase may be expressed as a percentage.
(7) Where the Department makes an order under paragraph (5), the rent officer shall make such alterations in the register of rents as appear to him to be necessary in consequence of the order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: