- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
53. (1) Paragraph (2) applies where any rates in respect of a dwelling-house let under a controlled tenancy which is a protected tenancy or a statutory tenancy are borne by the landlord or a superior landlord.
(2) The amount of rates for any rental period which begins after the expiry or termination of a protected tenancy shall be recoverable, without service of any notice of increase, from the tenant in addition to the sums so recoverable apart from this paragraph.
(3) The amount of rates shall be ascertained in accordance with Schedule 3.
(4) Paragraph (2) applies notwithstanding anything in the contract of tenancy.
(5) Where, under a protected or statutory tenancy, the sums payable by the tenant to the landlord include any sums varying according to the cost from time to time of–
(a)any services provided by the landlord or a superior landlord, or
(b)any works of maintenance or repair carried out by the landlord or a superior landlord,
the amount to be registered in the register of rents may be an amount variable in accordance with the terms as to the variation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: