- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
The Planning Reform (Northern Ireland) Order 2006, Section 21 is up to date with all changes known to be in force on or before 01 May 2016. There are changes that may be brought into force at a future date. Changes that have been made appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
21.—(1) In Part XII of the principal Order before Article 113 (application to Crown land) insert—
112A.—(1) This Order (except Articles 74, 76B, 80 and 82B) binds the Crown.
(2) But paragraph (1) is subject to express provision made by the following provisions of this Part.
112B.—(1) No act or omission done or suffered by or on behalf of the Crown constitutes an offence under this Order.
(2) But paragraph (1) does not have effect to prohibit the doing of anything by or on behalf of the Crown which falls within the circumstances described in Article 44(7)(a) to (d).
(3) The Department shall not take any step for the purposes of enforcement in relation to Crown land unless it has the consent of the appropriate authority.
(4) The appropriate authority may give consent under paragraph (3) subject to such conditions as it thinks appropriate.
(5) A step taken for the purposes of enforcement is anything done in connection with the enforcement of anything required to be done or prohibited by or under this Order.
(6) A step taken for the purposes of enforcement includes—
(c)the making of an application.
(7) A step taken for the purposes of enforcement does not include—
(a)service of a notice;
(b)the making of an order (other than by a court).
112C.—(1) Paragraph (2) applies to the extent that an estate in land is a Crown estate.
(2) Anything which requires or is permitted to be done by or in relation to the owner of the estate in land shall be done by or in relation to the appropriate authority.
(3) A person who is entitled to occupy Crown land by virtue of a licence in writing shall be treated for the purposes of this Article as having an estate in that land.
112D.—(1) This Article applies to an application for—
(a)planning permission, listed building consent, hazardous substances consent or conservation area consent; or
(b)a determination under Article 48 or a certificate under Article 83B.
(2) The Department may by regulations modify or exclude any statutory provision relating to the making and determination of such applications.
112E.—(1) Any notice or other document required under this Order to be served on the Crown shall be served on the appropriate authority.
(2) Section 24 of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (c. 33) does not apply for the purposes of the service of such a notice or document.
(3) “Appropriate authority” shall be construed in accordance with Article 118(1).”.
(2) Section 60 of the Mineral Development Act (Northern Ireland) 1969 (c. 35) (application of Planning Orders to certain mining development on Crown property) ceases to have effect.
(3) Schedule 1 makes further amendments to the principal Order in relation to the application of that Order to the Crown.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: