- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Criminal Justice (Northern Ireland) Order 2005. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
4. (1) After Article 6 of the Anti-social Behaviour (Northern Ireland) Order 2004 (NI 12) insert—
6A. (1) This Article applies where—
(a)a request is made by the prosecution for an order under Article 6; or
(b)the court is minded to make an order under that Article of its own motion.
(2) If, before determining the request or deciding whether to make the order of its own motion, the court considers that it is just to make an order under this Article pending the determination of the request or before making that decision, it may make such an order.
(3) An order under this Article is an order which prohibits the offender from doing anything described in the order.
(4) Subject to Article 6B, an order under this Article—
(a)shall be for a fixed period;
(b)may be varied, renewed or discharged;
(c)shall, if it has not previously ceased to have effect, cease to have effect on the determination of the request or on the court's making a decision as to whether to make an order under Article 6 of its own motion.
(5) The prohibitions that may be imposed by an order under this Article are those necessary for the purpose of protecting persons in Northern Ireland from further anti-social acts by the offender.
(6) An appeal shall lie to the county court against the making by a magistrates' court of an order under this Article.
(7) On such an appeal the county court—
(a)may make such orders as may be necessary to give effect to its determination of the appeal; and
(b)may also make such incidental or consequential orders as appear to it to be just.” .
(2) In Article 2(2) of that Order in the definition of “anti-social behaviour order” for “or 6” substitute “ 6 or 6A ”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: