- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Traffic Management (Northern Ireland) Order 2005. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
38.—(1) In Article 110(1) of the Roads (Northern Ireland) Order 1993 (NI 15) (acquisition of land for purposes of functions of Department under that Order), after the words “this Order” there shall be inserted the words “ the Road Traffic Regulation (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 or the Traffic Management (Northern Ireland) Order 2005, ”.
(2) In Article 118(1) of that Order (power to obtain information as to ownership of land), after the words “this Order” there shall be inserted the words “ the Road Traffic Regulation (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 or the Traffic Management (Northern Ireland) Order 2005, ”.
39. The following provisions of the 1997 Order (provisions for different kinds of charges for the use of parking places) shall cease to have effect—
(a)in Article 2(2), the definitions of “excess charge” and “initial charge”;
(b)Article 13(3) and (4);
(d)Article 16(1); and
(e)in Article 19—
(i)in paragraph (1)(a)(ii), the words “after the excess charge has been incurred”; and
40.—(1) Article 52 of the 1997 Order (disposal of abandoned vehicles by Department) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1), after the words “13 or 15” there shall be added the words “ or of Article 21 of the Traffic Management (Northern Ireland) Order 2005 ”.
(3) In paragraph (4)(b), for the words “such sums as may reasonably have been incurred in respect of the removal and storage of the vehicle” there shall be substituted the words “ the relevant charges ”.
(4) In paragraph (5), for the words “reasonable costs of the removal, storage and disposal of the vehicle” there shall be substituted “ relevant charges ”.
(5) After paragraph (6) there shall be added the following paragraph—
“(7) In paragraphs (4) and (5) “relevant charges” means—
(a)any penalty charge payable in respect of the vehicle;
(b)any sum recoverable from the owner of the vehicle;
(c)the reasonable costs of the removal and storage of the vehicle; and
(d)in paragraph (5) the reasonable costs of the disposal of the vehicle.”.
41.—(1) Schedule 1 to the 1997 Order (traffic regulation orders) shall be amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph 3 (publication of notice before making traffic regulation order)—
(a)in sub-paragraph (2)—
(i)in head (c), after the words “any road” there shall be inserted the words “ or area ”;
(ii)in head (d), the words “in that area” shall cease to have effect;
(b)in sub-paragraph (5)—
(i)the words “in respect of a road” shall cease to have effect;
(ii)for the words “area in which the road is situated” there shall be substituted the words “ district where the order will apply ”.
(3) In paragraph 6(1)(b) (publication of notice after traffic regulation order is made), for the words “area in which any road to which the order relates is situated” there shall be substituted the words “ district where the order applies ”.
(4) Schedule 2 which makes similar amendments of Schedules 2 to 6 to the 1997 Order shall have effect.
42.—(1) The power of the Department to make any provision under Article 4 of the 1997 Order (traffic regulation orders) includes, and shall be deemed always to have included, any power conferred by Article 21 or 22 of the 1981 Order (powers to control traffic).
(2) Without prejudice to paragraph (1), a traffic regulation order may amend, revoke or reproduce with or without modifications any provision to which paragraph (4) applies.
(3) Paragraph 1(1) of Schedule 1 to the 1997 Order (procedure for making traffic regulation orders) shall not require the Department to comply with paragraphs 2 and 3 of that Schedule (consultation and publication of notices) in respect of any provision of a traffic regulation order which revokes or reproduces with or without modifications any provision to which paragraph (4) applies.
(4) This paragraph applies to any provision which was—
(a)made under Article 21 or 22 of the 1981 Order, or
(b)had effect, immediately before the commencement of Article 4 of the 1997 Order, as if made under Article 21 or 22 of the 1981 Order.
(5) Any reference in the 1997 Order to a traffic regulation order includes, and shall be deemed always to have included, any provision to which paragraph (4) applies.
(6) In this Article—
“1981 Order” means the Road Traffic (Northern Ireland) Order 1981 (NI 1);
“traffic regulation order” means an order under Article 4 of the 1997 Order.
43. The Department may by order make such amendments or revocations as appear to it necessary or expedient in consequence of this Order—
(a)of any provision made under Article 4, 10, 13 or 15 of the 1997 Order (traffic regulation orders and orders relating to parking places); or
(b)of any provision to which Article 42(4) applies (provisions under earlier legislation).
44. A person who makes a representation under this Order which is false in a material particular and does so recklessly or knowing it to be false shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
45. For the purposes of this Order section 24 of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 (c. 33) (service of documents) shall apply as if the word “registering” were omitted from subsection (1).
46.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), regulations made under this Order shall be subject to negative resolution.
(2) Regulations made under this Order by the Lord Chancellor shall be subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament in like manner as a statutory instrument and section 5 of the Statutory Instruments Act 1946 (c. 36) shall apply accordingly.
47. The statutory provisions specified in Schedule 3 are hereby repealed to the extent specified in the second column of that Schedule.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: