- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
Whole provisions yet to be inserted into this Order (including any effects on those provisions):
6.—(1) The Chief Constable may when granting a firearm certificate attach conditions to it.
(2) The Chief Constable may at any time by notice in writing—
(a)attach conditions to a firearm certificate;
(b)vary or revoke conditions attached under this Article.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2) the Chief Constable may by notice under that paragraph require the holder of the certificate to produce it to him within 21 days from the date of the notice.
(4) Paragraph (5) applies if—
(a)a firearm certificate is granted to a person who has not previously held a firearm certificate; or
(b)the Chief Constable considers that a firearm to which a firearm certificate relates is of a significantly different type from any firearm for which the person has previously held a certificate.
(5) Where this paragraph applies, the Chief Constable may attach to the firearm certificate a condition requiring the holder for a specified period to have any specified firearm to which the certificate relates in his possession when loaded only if he is under the supervision of a person who has attained the age of 21 and has held a firearm certificate for a firearm of that description for at least three years.
(6) A person who fails to comply with any condition subject to which a firearm certificate is held by him shall be guilty of an offence.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: