- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
1.—(1) The Department may by order provide for the transfer to the Institute on the appointed day of any property, rights and liabilities to which the Department is entitled or subject immediately before the appointed day.N.I.
(2) Sub-paragraph (1)—
(a)has effect in relation to property, rights or liabilities to which it applies in spite of any provision (of whatever nature) which would prevent or restrict the transfer of the property, rights or liabilities otherwise than by virtue of that sub-paragraph; but
(b)does not apply to rights and liabilities under a contract of employment (which are dealt with by paragraph 2).
(3) The following sub-paragraphs apply in relation to property, rights and liabilities transferred by an order under sub-paragraph (1) and in those sub-paragraphs “the transfer” means the transfer effected by the order under sub-paragraph (1).
(4) In the construction and for the purposes of any statutory provision or other document passed or made before the appointed day, any reference to, or which is to be construed as a reference to, the Department shall, so far as may be necessary for the purposes of the transfer, be construed as a reference to the Institute.
(5) The transfer does not affect the validity of anything done by, or in relation to, the Department before the appointed day.
(6) Anything which before the appointed day was done by or in relation to the Department shall, if in effect immediately before that date, continue to have effect to the same extent and subject to the same provisions as if it had been done by, or in relation to, the Institute.
(7) Anything (including any legal proceedings) in the process of being done by or in relation to the Department immediately before the appointed day may be continued by or in relation to the Institute.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: