- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
11.—(1) Subject to paragraph 12, the Institute may regulate—N.I.
(a)its own procedure (including quorum); and
(b)the procedure (including quorum) of its committees.
(2) The Institute shall make provision for a quorum for meetings of its committees to include at least one member or employee of the Institute.
12.—(1) A member who is in any way, directly or indirectly, interested in any matter which falls to be considered by the Institute shall disclose the nature of his interest at a meeting of the Institute and the disclosure shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.N.I.
(2) Where such a disclosure is made by any member in relation to any matter, he shall not take part in any deliberation or decision of the Institute with respect to the matter, if the Institute decides that the interest in question might prejudicially affect the member's consideration of the matter.
(3) For the purposes of this paragraph a notice given by a member at a meeting of the Institute to the effect that he is a member of a specified body corporate or firm and is to be regarded as interested in any matter concerning the body or firm which falls to be considered by the Institute after the date of the notice shall be a sufficient disclosure of his interest.
(4) A member need not attend in person at a meeting of the Institute in order to make a disclosure which he is required to make under this paragraph, if he takes reasonable steps to secure that the disclosure is made by a notice which is taken into consideration at such a meeting.
(5) Sub-paragraphs (1) to (4) apply in relation to committees of the Institute as they apply in relation to the Institute.
13. The validity of any proceedings of the Institute, or of any of its committees, shall not be affected by—N.I.
(a)any vacancy among the members of the Institute or of the committee;
(b)any vacancy in the office of the chairman or deputy chairman of the Institute;
(c)any defect in the appointment of any one or more members of the Institute or in the appointment of the chairman or deputy chairman of the Institute; or
(d)any failure to comply with paragraph 12.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: