- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
3. (1) There shall be a body corporate to be known as the Agri-food and Biosciences Institute (in this Order referred to as “the Institute”).
(2) The function of the Institute is to undertake scientific work in the fields of—
(b)animal health and welfare;
(f)the natural environment; and
(g)rural development and enterprise.
(3) In this Part references to scientific work are references to scientific work in any of those fields; and “scientific work” includes—
(a)research and development;
(b)the testing or analysis of any matter;
(c)the provision of advice and information on scientific matters; and
(d)the dissemination or application of the results of scientific research.
(4) The Department may by order amend paragraphs (2) and (3).
(5) Schedule 1 (which makes provision about the Institute) shall have effect.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: