- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
7.—(1) Where before 31st December 2004 the Department thinks that a person is entitled to a payment under Article 4 or 5, the Department shall make the payment before that date (without a claim being required).
(2) A person who is entitled to a payment under Article 4 or 5 and who does not receive it before 31st December 2004, may claim the payment.
(3) A claim under paragraph (2) must—
(a)be in writing to the Department,
(b)be received by the Department before 31st March 2005, and
(i)the claimant's name, address, date of birth and national insurance number (if he has one), and
(ii)the date on which the claim is sent to the Department, and
(d)include a declaration that the claimant was ordinarily resident in Northern Ireland on at least one day in the relevant week.
(4) If the Department thinks that a person making a claim under paragraph (2) is entitled to a payment under Article 4 or 5, the Department shall make the payment.
(5) The provisions of Chapter II of Part II of the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1998 (NI 10) (revision, appeal, &c.) shall apply to a decision of the Department about a person's entitlement to a payment under Article 4 or 5 (whether or not following a claim) as they apply to a decision of the Department under Article 9 of that Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: